We have had a lot of questions about strawberries this year and we appreciate all of your interest! Unfortunately, the hard freeze in late April really hurt our early berries and has set back our crop this year. As the remaining crop ripens, we are waiting to see exactly what we will have available and decide if we will have enough strawberries to open. We should know more in the next week so check back for more information.
Thanks so much for your support and understanding, this has been a hard year for our strawberry crop.
We are getting so close to strawberry season! What’s the best way to get your berries this year? Our CSA bundles have now sold out, but we will make our additional berries & veggies available at our farm-stand each week. Check our website and Facebook page for weekly updates and availability in season.
1. Sweet Berry Sampler: SOLD OUT FOR 2020 This taste of goodness includes 2 lb. strawberries in May or June, 1 lb. blackberries in July, half-dozen sweet corn in July or August. $15.00
2. Berry Plus Bundle: SOLD OUT FOR 2020 4 lb. strawberries in May/June, 2 lb. blackberries in July, 1 dozen sweet corn in July/August, and 1 watermelon & home-grown tomatoes in August. $40.00.
3. Full Farm Bundle: SOLD OUT FOR 2020: a once per month share of the best that our farm offers, with an abundant mix of strawberries, blackberries, sweet corn, home-grown tomatoes, heirloom veggies, melons, herbs and more! We are planting so many veggies right now and will have a wonderful assortment of options for you. Available for pick-up on site or delivery in Sterling and baskets will be prepared May/June, July, August, September. $80 (4 months @ $20/month). Limited number of early-season (June / July) and late-season (August / September) bundles also available for $40 each.
Don’t miss out on strawberries, place your orders now to make sure that you get on the list for this season!
We are thankful for all of your support in 2019 and look forward to a wonderful new year! This fall we have been busy working on chores and getting the strawberries covered up for the winter. There are over 5,000 strawberries in the ground (our most ever!) and we are keeping them nice and warm for the winter. Here are the top five reasons to come out to Tenth Street Orchard in 2020.
5. Sweet, sweet corn. We had such a successful sweet corn season that we are going to plant more rows and try a few different varieties to extend our season. Yes, it is January and I am already dreaming of corn on the cob.
4. Melons, melons, and more melons. We are going to be growing our favorite heirloom watermelon varieties and have some great ones for you! We plan on planting varieties including Wilson Sweet, Strawberry (fitting don’t you think?), Ali Baba, and Black-Tail Mountain. We have grown some of the best watermelons in the state over the past few years and want to share the goodness with you this summer!
3. Extended blackberry season. Jam, Cobbler, Pie? All are better with blackberries. We have doubled the size of our blackberry rows that are in production this year and we are looking forward to sending you home with more berries.
2. Events and activities for the family! We are hoping to have some BIG events, fun family activities in our expanded kids area, farm tours, and maybe even some farm-to-table meals this year!
1. Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries! We have planted more strawberries than ever before and are super excited (see below). They should be ripe and ready for you in May and we can hardly wait (same excited look as seen below).
Thanks for supporting Tenth Street Orchard, hope to see you out at the farm this year!
We just finished strawberry picking for the season at Tenth Street Orchard! Thanks so much to everyone that came out to the farm, we hope that you had a great time and enjoyed all of the wonderful strawberries. The sheep will miss all of the visitors but we are looking forward to seeing you back for blackberries in late June!
We are ready for regular strawberry picking season! This is a great week for bulk pickers, we will have lots of good berries that will be ready for you. We are closed for Memorial Day, but will be open 9-12 Tuesday, 9-12 Wednesday, 6-8 Thursday evening, and 8:30 – 12:00 on Saturday until mid-June. Come on out for the best berries around!
The strawberries look great this year and we are ready to open for the season! Our opening day will be Saturday May 18th from 8:30 – 12:00. The next weekend, May 25th, we will have our annual vintage market! The vintage market will be from 9:00 – 3:00 and we will have strawberry picking, live entertainment, craft & vintage vendors, and so much fun for the family! We will be open for regular picking hours after the vintage market until the season ends around the middle of June. Come out to the farm and enjoy some of the best berries around!
We hand-planted 3,000 new strawberries in preparation for next year! First-year strawberries will produce larger berries and a more abundant crop next spring. We are also planting almost all of our strawberry patch on black plastic to make for easier picking! We are excited about what’s to come in the 2019 season!
Our regular strawberry picking season will end on Saturday, June 2nd. We will be open from 8-12, come join us for a party at the strawberry patch! We will have great strawberries, prize drawings, kids games, and fun for everyone! Bring a friend and get stocked up on some fresh & delicious strawberries for the season.
We had such an amazing turnout for the vintage market on May 19th, we hope that everyone enjoyed the vintage vendors, wonderful food trucks, and live music!
The strawberries are now ripe and ready and we are open for regular picking! Our hours are Saturdays 8-12, Wednesdays 6-8 PM, or by appointment. We hope that you can make it out to the farm this season to get some strawberries!
We are excited to announce that strawberry season will open with the return of the Tenth Street Orchard Vintage Market! Everyone had such a wonderful time last year that we decided to have another one. The vintage market will be May 19th from 9 – 4. Stay tuned for more details about your favorite vintage & food vendors, great bands, and of course the strawberries! If you are interested in being a vendor, fill out an application here.