We are thankful for all of your support in 2019 and look forward to a wonderful new year! This fall we have been busy working on chores and getting the strawberries covered up for the winter. There are over 5,000 strawberries in the ground (our most ever!) and we are keeping them nice and warm for the winter. Here are the top five reasons to come out to Tenth Street Orchard in 2020.
5. Sweet, sweet corn. We had such a successful sweet corn season that we are going to plant more rows and try a few different varieties to extend our season. Yes, it is January and I am already dreaming of corn on the cob.
4. Melons, melons, and more melons. We are going to be growing our favorite heirloom watermelon varieties and have some great ones for you! We plan on planting varieties including Wilson Sweet, Strawberry (fitting don’t you think?), Ali Baba, and Black-Tail Mountain. We have grown some of the best watermelons in the state over the past few years and want to share the goodness with you this summer!
3. Extended blackberry season. Jam, Cobbler, Pie? All are better with blackberries. We have doubled the size of our blackberry rows that are in production this year and we are looking forward to sending you home with more berries.
2. Events and activities for the family! We are hoping to have some BIG events, fun family activities in our expanded kids area, farm tours, and maybe even some farm-to-table meals this year!
1. Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries! We have planted more strawberries than ever before and are super excited (see below). They should be ripe and ready for you in May and we can hardly wait (same excited look as seen below).
Thanks for supporting Tenth Street Orchard, hope to see you out at the farm this year!
It is a great day for the Tenth Street Orchard Vintage Market! The absolute best vintage, BBQ, and strawberries are in Sterling on May 25th from 9-3. We have a wonderful group of new & returning vintage vendors and the strawberries look extra good this year! This will be a wonderful event for the whole family, we are looking forward to having you out to the farm this Saturday! We have been so fortunate to avoid the rain and the farm is in great shape for the event!
Directions: The farm is at 510 W Washington in Sterling. From Broadway / K-96 in Sterling, turn west on Adams Street and continue to Tenth Street. Turn north (right) on Tenth Street until you see the red barn & strawberry patch. Parking will be available to the west of the strawberry patch.
We are excited to announce that strawberry season will open with the return of the Tenth Street Orchard Vintage Market! Everyone had such a wonderful time last year that we decided to have another one. The vintage market will be May 19th from 9 – 4. Stay tuned for more details about your favorite vintage & food vendors, great bands, and of course the strawberries! If you are interested in being a vendor, fill out an application here.
The berries are starting to really come on nicely, and we are looking forward to opening strawberry picking season on May 20th at the vintage market!
Pick-your-own strawberries will be just $2.50/lb. We have some nice picking baskets that you can use and take home for $2, otherwise just bring a separate container to take your berries home in. We will also have a limited number of pre-picked berries for sale at $4.00/lb.
We have an amazing set of vendors coming to the vintage market! We are now completely full and are so excited at the quality and variety of vendors that will be coming, this is going to be a big event! There will be live music throughout the day, along with food from Pop’s Kettle Corn, Snowie Bus, Fruit Ninja, and BB8 BBQ (serving up the best BBQ on this side of the galaxy).
Here’s a full list of all the wonderful vendors that will be at the market:
Pink Peach Décor
Once Upon a Time
Old Made New
Plunder by Katelyn
The Weathered Shutter
Ordinary Joy Home Décor
Mandi’s Off the Wall
Simple Pleasures – Rustic Renewed
K & K’s Handmade
Burp and Swaddle/Spotted Buffalo
Tee 9 Designs
Not So Gray Attic
Wilson Rustic Revivals
Granny Goat Studio
Wheat State of Mind
The Willow Crossing
Not II Shabby/Heart & Sole
Four-Eyed Lizzard Creations
Rusty Gold Antiques and Vintage Items
Flannel & Bows
Laura Stephie Uniquely Handmade
Through The French Doors
The Estate Sale Shoppe
A Rustic Time Remembered
Double Trouble Yard Art
Snappy Queen Bee
LuLaRoe – Kimberly Ann Smith
A to Z
To check out all of the vintage finds that these vendors will be bringing, see our Facebook page for links to all of the vendors that will be at the market. Bring your friends and come out to the farm for strawberries & junk on May 20th!