We are getting so close to strawberry season! What’s the best way to get your berries this year? Our CSA bundles have now sold out, but we will make our additional berries & veggies available at our farm-stand each week. Check our website and Facebook page for weekly updates and availability in season.
1. Sweet Berry Sampler: SOLD OUT FOR 2020 This taste of goodness includes 2 lb. strawberries in May or June, 1 lb. blackberries in July, half-dozen sweet corn in July or August. $15.00
2. Berry Plus Bundle: SOLD OUT FOR 2020 4 lb. strawberries in May/June, 2 lb. blackberries in July, 1 dozen sweet corn in July/August, and 1 watermelon & home-grown tomatoes in August. $40.00.
3. Full Farm Bundle: SOLD OUT FOR 2020: a once per month share of the best that our farm offers, with an abundant mix of strawberries, blackberries, sweet corn, home-grown tomatoes, heirloom veggies, melons, herbs and more! We are planting so many veggies right now and will have a wonderful assortment of options for you. Available for pick-up on site or delivery in Sterling and baskets will be prepared May/June, July, August, September. $80 (4 months @ $20/month). Limited number of early-season (June / July) and late-season (August / September) bundles also available for $40 each.
Don’t miss out on strawberries, place your orders now to make sure that you get on the list for this season!
We are thankful for all of your support in 2019 and look forward to a wonderful new year! This fall we have been busy working on chores and getting the strawberries covered up for the winter. There are over 5,000 strawberries in the ground (our most ever!) and we are keeping them nice and warm for the winter. Here are the top five reasons to come out to Tenth Street Orchard in 2020.
5. Sweet, sweet corn. We had such a successful sweet corn season that we are going to plant more rows and try a few different varieties to extend our season. Yes, it is January and I am already dreaming of corn on the cob.
4. Melons, melons, and more melons. We are going to be growing our favorite heirloom watermelon varieties and have some great ones for you! We plan on planting varieties including Wilson Sweet, Strawberry (fitting don’t you think?), Ali Baba, and Black-Tail Mountain. We have grown some of the best watermelons in the state over the past few years and want to share the goodness with you this summer!
3. Extended blackberry season. Jam, Cobbler, Pie? All are better with blackberries. We have doubled the size of our blackberry rows that are in production this year and we are looking forward to sending you home with more berries.
2. Events and activities for the family! We are hoping to have some BIG events, fun family activities in our expanded kids area, farm tours, and maybe even some farm-to-table meals this year!
1. Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries! We have planted more strawberries than ever before and are super excited (see below). They should be ripe and ready for you in May and we can hardly wait (same excited look as seen below).
Thanks for supporting Tenth Street Orchard, hope to see you out at the farm this year!
Blackberry season is finally here! We will offer pick-your-own blackberries at $4.00 / lb until around July 20th. They are delicious and abundant not to mention that this is by far the best deal that you will find on berries! This week we are featuring our Natchez variety which is our biggest and most productive berry! We will be open by appointment for blackberry picking, so give us a call (620)-381-6702 or sign up on picking calendar to schedule your time to pick.
We just finished strawberry picking for the season at Tenth Street Orchard! Thanks so much to everyone that came out to the farm, we hope that you had a great time and enjoyed all of the wonderful strawberries. The sheep will miss all of the visitors but we are looking forward to seeing you back for blackberries in late June!
We are ready for regular strawberry picking season! This is a great week for bulk pickers, we will have lots of good berries that will be ready for you. We are closed for Memorial Day, but will be open 9-12 Tuesday, 9-12 Wednesday, 6-8 Thursday evening, and 8:30 – 12:00 on Saturday until mid-June. Come on out for the best berries around!
We have some great berries, but we won’t have them for too much longer! This week we will be open on Monday 6-8 PM and Saturday 8-12 for picking. Just give us a call to schedule an appointment if you want to come and pick any other time this week (620-381-6702). Hope that you can come out and get some strawberries this year!
The berries are starting to really come on nicely, and we are looking forward to opening strawberry picking season on May 20th at the vintage market!
Pick-your-own strawberries will be just $2.50/lb. We have some nice picking baskets that you can use and take home for $2, otherwise just bring a separate container to take your berries home in. We will also have a limited number of pre-picked berries for sale at $4.00/lb.
We have an amazing set of vendors coming to the vintage market! We are now completely full and are so excited at the quality and variety of vendors that will be coming, this is going to be a big event! There will be live music throughout the day, along with food from Pop’s Kettle Corn, Snowie Bus, Fruit Ninja, and BB8 BBQ (serving up the best BBQ on this side of the galaxy).
Here’s a full list of all the wonderful vendors that will be at the market:
Pink Peach Décor
Once Upon a Time
Old Made New
Plunder by Katelyn
The Weathered Shutter
Ordinary Joy Home Décor
Mandi’s Off the Wall
Simple Pleasures – Rustic Renewed
K & K’s Handmade
Burp and Swaddle/Spotted Buffalo
Tee 9 Designs
Not So Gray Attic
Wilson Rustic Revivals
Granny Goat Studio
Wheat State of Mind
The Willow Crossing
Not II Shabby/Heart & Sole
Four-Eyed Lizzard Creations
Rusty Gold Antiques and Vintage Items
Flannel & Bows
Laura Stephie Uniquely Handmade
Through The French Doors
The Estate Sale Shoppe
A Rustic Time Remembered
Double Trouble Yard Art
Snappy Queen Bee
LuLaRoe – Kimberly Ann Smith
A to Z
To check out all of the vintage finds that these vendors will be bringing, see our Facebook page for links to all of the vendors that will be at the market. Bring your friends and come out to the farm for strawberries & junk on May 20th!
Celebrating National Strawberry Day by uncovering the first berries of the season! We covered them up last fall with a row cover and straw to protect them from the winter cold.
We typically wait a little longer to remove the row covers and straw, but given that it is #NationalStrawberryDay we thought it would be fitting to start today. We’ll keep slowly removing the straw from the rows over the next few weeks as spring arrives.
It’s always so exciting to look underneath the straw for the first time in the spring, from what we saw today it looks like the row covers and straw protected them well through the winter! The berries look good at this stage and we’re excited to see them continue to grow through the spring.