Spread the word! The 4th annual Tenth Street Orchard vintage market is coming on May 23th from 9-3! This juried show will feature a selection of top vendors with a wide variety of quality vintage, antique, home decor, jewelry and handcrafted items for sale. The orchard will also have ripe strawberries for picking, live music, entertainment, and food vendors. Plan on bringing the family out to search for treasures and enjoy a day of family fun & strawberries!
We will post updates and feature vendors on our Facebook page. Vendor spaces are filling up fast and we are excited about the quality and selection that we will be able to offer at the show! If you are interested in becoming a vendor, fill out the application page and we will contact you directly.
We are thankful for all of your support in 2019 and look forward to a wonderful new year! This fall we have been busy working on chores and getting the strawberries covered up for the winter. There are over 5,000 strawberries in the ground (our most ever!) and we are keeping them nice and warm for the winter. Here are the top five reasons to come out to Tenth Street Orchard in 2020.
5. Sweet, sweet corn. We had such a successful sweet corn season that we are going to plant more rows and try a few different varieties to extend our season. Yes, it is January and I am already dreaming of corn on the cob.
4. Melons, melons, and more melons. We are going to be growing our favorite heirloom watermelon varieties and have some great ones for you! We plan on planting varieties including Wilson Sweet, Strawberry (fitting don’t you think?), Ali Baba, and Black-Tail Mountain. We have grown some of the best watermelons in the state over the past few years and want to share the goodness with you this summer!
3. Extended blackberry season. Jam, Cobbler, Pie? All are better with blackberries. We have doubled the size of our blackberry rows that are in production this year and we are looking forward to sending you home with more berries.
2. Events and activities for the family! We are hoping to have some BIG events, fun family activities in our expanded kids area, farm tours, and maybe even some farm-to-table meals this year!
1. Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries! We have planted more strawberries than ever before and are super excited (see below). They should be ripe and ready for you in May and we can hardly wait (same excited look as seen below).
Thanks for supporting Tenth Street Orchard, hope to see you out at the farm this year!
We have been farming all summer long and have sweet corn that is ready this week only! It is delicious, fresh and will not be here for long. We are selling all of our sweet corn $6 for a baker’s dozen (13 ears). Call 620-381-6702 to reserve your corn today and we will arrange a time for pick-up.
Blackberry season is finally here! We will offer pick-your-own blackberries at $4.00 / lb until around July 20th. They are delicious and abundant not to mention that this is by far the best deal that you will find on berries! This week we are featuring our Natchez variety which is our biggest and most productive berry! We will be open by appointment for blackberry picking, so give us a call (620)-381-6702 or sign up on picking calendar to schedule your time to pick.
We just finished strawberry picking for the season at Tenth Street Orchard! Thanks so much to everyone that came out to the farm, we hope that you had a great time and enjoyed all of the wonderful strawberries. The sheep will miss all of the visitors but we are looking forward to seeing you back for blackberries in late June!
We are ready for regular strawberry picking season! This is a great week for bulk pickers, we will have lots of good berries that will be ready for you. We are closed for Memorial Day, but will be open 9-12 Tuesday, 9-12 Wednesday, 6-8 Thursday evening, and 8:30 – 12:00 on Saturday until mid-June. Come on out for the best berries around!
The strawberries look great this year and we are ready to open for the season! Our opening day will be Saturday May 18th from 8:30 – 12:00. The next weekend, May 25th, we will have our annual vintage market! The vintage market will be from 9:00 – 3:00 and we will have strawberry picking, live entertainment, craft & vintage vendors, and so much fun for the family! We will be open for regular picking hours after the vintage market until the season ends around the middle of June. Come out to the farm and enjoy some of the best berries around!
The last day for strawberries this year will be Monday, June 12th. Come and help us clean out the patch this Saturday from 8-12 or Monday 6-8 PM.
We have some great berries, but we won’t have them for too much longer! This week we will be open on Monday 6-8 PM and Saturday 8-12 for picking. Just give us a call to schedule an appointment if you want to come and pick any other time this week (620-381-6702). Hope that you can come out and get some strawberries this year!
Celebrating National Strawberry Day by uncovering the first berries of the season! We covered them up last fall with a row cover and straw to protect them from the winter cold.
We typically wait a little longer to remove the row covers and straw, but given that it is #NationalStrawberryDay we thought it would be fitting to start today. We’ll keep slowly removing the straw from the rows over the next few weeks as spring arrives.
It’s always so exciting to look underneath the straw for the first time in the spring, from what we saw today it looks like the row covers and straw protected them well through the winter! The berries look good at this stage and we’re excited to see them continue to grow through the spring.