We are getting so close to strawberry season! What’s the best way to get your berries this year? Our CSA bundles have now sold out, but we will make our additional berries & veggies available at our farm-stand each week. Check our website and Facebook page for weekly updates and availability in season.
1. Sweet Berry Sampler: SOLD OUT FOR 2020 This taste of goodness includes 2 lb. strawberries in May or June, 1 lb. blackberries in July, half-dozen sweet corn in July or August. $15.00
2. Berry Plus Bundle: SOLD OUT FOR 2020 4 lb. strawberries in May/June, 2 lb. blackberries in July, 1 dozen sweet corn in July/August, and 1 watermelon & home-grown tomatoes in August. $40.00.
3. Full Farm Bundle: SOLD OUT FOR 2020: a once per month share of the best that our farm offers, with an abundant mix of strawberries, blackberries, sweet corn, home-grown tomatoes, heirloom veggies, melons, herbs and more! We are planting so many veggies right now and will have a wonderful assortment of options for you. Available for pick-up on site or delivery in Sterling and baskets will be prepared May/June, July, August, September. $80 (4 months @ $20/month). Limited number of early-season (June / July) and late-season (August / September) bundles also available for $40 each.
Don’t miss out on strawberries, place your orders now to make sure that you get on the list for this season!
We are thankful for all of your support in 2019 and look forward to a wonderful new year! This fall we have been busy working on chores and getting the strawberries covered up for the winter. There are over 5,000 strawberries in the ground (our most ever!) and we are keeping them nice and warm for the winter. Here are the top five reasons to come out to Tenth Street Orchard in 2020.
5. Sweet, sweet corn. We had such a successful sweet corn season that we are going to plant more rows and try a few different varieties to extend our season. Yes, it is January and I am already dreaming of corn on the cob.
4. Melons, melons, and more melons. We are going to be growing our favorite heirloom watermelon varieties and have some great ones for you! We plan on planting varieties including Wilson Sweet, Strawberry (fitting don’t you think?), Ali Baba, and Black-Tail Mountain. We have grown some of the best watermelons in the state over the past few years and want to share the goodness with you this summer!
3. Extended blackberry season. Jam, Cobbler, Pie? All are better with blackberries. We have doubled the size of our blackberry rows that are in production this year and we are looking forward to sending you home with more berries.
2. Events and activities for the family! We are hoping to have some BIG events, fun family activities in our expanded kids area, farm tours, and maybe even some farm-to-table meals this year!
1. Strawberries, strawberries, and more strawberries! We have planted more strawberries than ever before and are super excited (see below). They should be ripe and ready for you in May and we can hardly wait (same excited look as seen below).
Thanks for supporting Tenth Street Orchard, hope to see you out at the farm this year!
We have been farming all summer long and have sweet corn that is ready this week only! It is delicious, fresh and will not be here for long. We are selling all of our sweet corn $6 for a baker’s dozen (13 ears). Call 620-381-6702 to reserve your corn today and we will arrange a time for pick-up.
Blackberry season is finally here! We will offer pick-your-own blackberries at $4.00 / lb until around July 20th. They are delicious and abundant not to mention that this is by far the best deal that you will find on berries! This week we are featuring our Natchez variety which is our biggest and most productive berry! We will be open by appointment for blackberry picking, so give us a call (620)-381-6702 or sign up on picking calendar to schedule your time to pick.
We just finished strawberry picking for the season at Tenth Street Orchard! Thanks so much to everyone that came out to the farm, we hope that you had a great time and enjoyed all of the wonderful strawberries. The sheep will miss all of the visitors but we are looking forward to seeing you back for blackberries in late June!
We are ready for regular strawberry picking season! This is a great week for bulk pickers, we will have lots of good berries that will be ready for you. We are closed for Memorial Day, but will be open 9-12 Tuesday, 9-12 Wednesday, 6-8 Thursday evening, and 8:30 – 12:00 on Saturday until mid-June. Come on out for the best berries around!
It is a great day for the Tenth Street Orchard Vintage Market! The absolute best vintage, BBQ, and strawberries are in Sterling on May 25th from 9-3. We have a wonderful group of new & returning vintage vendors and the strawberries look extra good this year! This will be a wonderful event for the whole family, we are looking forward to having you out to the farm this Saturday! We have been so fortunate to avoid the rain and the farm is in great shape for the event!
Directions: The farm is at 510 W Washington in Sterling. From Broadway / K-96 in Sterling, turn west on Adams Street and continue to Tenth Street. Turn north (right) on Tenth Street until you see the red barn & strawberry patch. Parking will be available to the west of the strawberry patch.
The strawberries look great this year and we are ready to open for the season! Our opening day will be Saturday May 18th from 8:30 – 12:00. The next weekend, May 25th, we will have our annual vintage market! The vintage market will be from 9:00 – 3:00 and we will have strawberry picking, live entertainment, craft & vintage vendors, and so much fun for the family! We will be open for regular picking hours after the vintage market until the season ends around the middle of June. Come out to the farm and enjoy some of the best berries around!
We hand-planted 3,000 new strawberries in preparation for next year! First-year strawberries will produce larger berries and a more abundant crop next spring. We are also planting almost all of our strawberry patch on black plastic to make for easier picking! We are excited about what’s to come in the 2019 season!
We had such an amazing turnout for the vintage market on May 19th, we hope that everyone enjoyed the vintage vendors, wonderful food trucks, and live music!
The strawberries are now ripe and ready and we are open for regular picking! Our hours are Saturdays 8-12, Wednesdays 6-8 PM, or by appointment. We hope that you can make it out to the farm this season to get some strawberries!